Dear AC PAW Friends, Supporters and Champions,
After giving fully of themselves for so many years, it is time for Brian and June to retire and take well-earned time for themselves. They are proud that the AC PAW legacy will live on, albeit in a new form.
For nearly 30 years, AC PAW has been saving dogs and cats across northern Michigan. Following the vision of Brian Manley and June McGrath, AC PAW has saved thousands of cats and dogs from suffering. The AC PAW mission statement was then and always will be “Shelter From the Storm.” An important part of that mission has also been focusing on the spay and neuter of pets to help control the pet overpopulation problem.
Through The AC PAW Spay & Neuter Project, we assist pet owners by subsidizing the cost of spaying and neutering their pets. To date, we have helped to sterilize over 1,000 family pets, preventing thousands of unwanted pets from being born. Through community TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) programs, hundreds of community cats have been sterilized, helping to stop reproduction, suffering and the spread of disease.
Gradually, over the next few months, AC PAW will begin the process of transitioning to becoming a full spay and neuter assistance and educational program.
Effective immediately, we have a permanent hold on animal intake and will focus on doing what we have always done – finding loving homes for the animals that remain in our care.
The AC PAW Spay and Neuter project will continue the current voucher assistance program along with an added focus on holding spay and neuter clinic days with local veterinarians who share our vision.
We will expand our public outreach and educational programs as we move forward.
- Munchkins’ Missions, Traverse City (231) 360-0303
- Kelly’s Critters, Traverse City (231) 590-0924
- Cherryland Humane Society, Traverse City (231) 946-5116
- Great Lakes Humane Society, Traverse City (231)-846-8293 (mostly dogs)
- Tina’s Bed & Biscuit, Beulah (231) 645-8944
- Sophiea Safe Haven Sanctuary, no address or phone # on website https://www.sophieasafehavensanctuary.com
- Missaukee Humane Society, Lake City (231) 839-3800
- Little Traverse Bay Humane Society, Harbor Springs (231) 347-2396
- H.A.N.D.D.S to the Rescue, Traverse City (dogs only) – Patti (231) 645-6040
- Help from My Friends, Bellaire (231) 533-4070
- JUST CATS, INC, East Jordan 231-674-5261
These groups all have websites or Facebook pages with more information.
COMMUNITY SPAY & NEUTER
Overpopulation is a serious issue and no other activity has a greater impact than targeted spay and neutering. AC PAW Spay & Neuter Project offers low-cost assistance for spaying & neuter. Find out more or apply for assistance, at No Unwanted Pets
Indifference, ignorance, and cruelty are at work every day. Our message of compassion, knowledge and advocacy must prevail. If you would like to become involved in helping educate the community, please contact us for more information on how you can help!